Friday 2 September 2011

Edinburgh Fringe 2011. Day One.

It's that time of year again. I swear it gets more expensive.

David Morgan: Triple Theatre. Tron. This was my first time seeing this young comic, but it shan't be my last. I enjoyed the show much more than I thought I would. Loved the Chicago quote in one of his many charming stories.

Sheeps. Pleasance Courtyard. This ended up being my favourite comedy show at this year's Fringe. I belly laughed the whole way through - such talented chaps! LOVE THEM (and their excellent comic timing) SO MUCH.

Sammy J & Randy: Rickett's Lane. Udderbelly Pastures. "So wrong, it's right" kind of humour, of which I am a fan. The only bit I wasn't so keen on was the nightclub scene. Watch Sammy J & Randy perform 'Secrets' here.

Paul Foot's Still Life. Underbelly. My first time seeing Paul Foot at the Fringe; I shall make sure he's a staple from here on in. Foot doesn't take to the stage until halfway into the show, but gets plenty of laughs walking around the audience having a bit of a chat. I found the audience participation towards the end a little bit frustrating.

Comedy Reserve. Pleasance Dome. Hmm. Joe Lycett was bloody amazing and needs his own show! Luke Benson was pretty good.

Horne Section. Assembly Gardens. I booked and scheduled in 1 Horne Section... ended up going to 3 in total. Guests included Ali Cook, Terry Alderton and David O'Doherty.

A thought.

It was apparent the Fringe was taking it's toll on David O'Doherty's voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment