Friday 2 September 2011

Edinburgh Fringe 2011. Day Two.

The Lunchtime Club. Tron. I had to rush off before the end as I didn't realise it ran for an hour and a half. John Kearns was my fave and I thought Flin Taylor showed heaps of potential. The line-up wasn't as good as last year.

Seminar. Pleasance Courtyard. Not bad, but I didn't think the idea was original enough.

The Baby Diary. Assembly. Lovely little play about a Christian couple in the lead up to their first baby. Great cast.

John Osborne: John Peel's Shed. Underbelly. A story about John Osborne's love of radio. My favourite show of the festival - I floated out of the venue. Have since booked to see it again in London.

Hot Tub With Kurt & Kristen. Assembly Gardens. Dancers, a singer, guests, solo sets and sketches... there was so much to like about this gig!! The guests included Doctor Brown (comedy genius) and Maeve Higgins (I would like to be her when I grow up).

Tom Rosenthal: Child Of Privilege. Pleasance Courtyard. A polished version of the preview I saw. Solid. Got a little bit distracted by David Mitchell and Victoria Coren who where sat right in front of me.

Robin & Partridge: Worlds Collide. Pleasance Courtyard. I can't, for the life of me, tell you what this show was about. All I do know was that it was bloody enjoyable. There was costumes and puppets and dancing and audience participation. Charlie Partridge and Robin Clyfan are AWESOME.

A thought.

I love it when a show makes my heart flutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment