Wednesday 10 August 2011

Apple Cart Festival. Victoria Park.

I shall definitely be going to this festival again next year as it was an absolute delight! The heavy rain didn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits, including mine.

I caught Fergus Craig's set in the comedy tent and Badly Drawn Boy, Gilles Peterson, Tim Minchin and Marawa on the main stage, but most of my day was spent chilling on a sofa in the folk tent. I managed to see Seamus Fogarty, Peggy Sue, Paul Thomas Saunders, Treetop Flyers, Matthew and the Atlas and Joshua Caole. Treetop Flyers are my new favourite band; love them!

My friends and I had bought a ticket mainly to see Tim Minchin. He drew a huge, appreciative crowd and was joined by Pete, his bassist, and Brad, his drummer. He played Rock'n'roll Nerd, The Good Book, Cheese (only the chorus, though), Prejudice, Cont, You Grew On Me and Darkside.

A thought.

Losing weight, gaining confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment