Friday 16 October 2009

We Need Answers (14th, 15th And 16th Of October).

For the past 3 days i've been down at Stephen Street Studios in London to watch the recording of We Need Answers hosted by Mark Watson, Tim Key and Alex Horne.

Tuesday's recording (with guests Vanessa Feltz and Simon Bird) was one of the best in the series so far. The on-set banter between Simon (from the Inbetweeners), Tim and Mark was very funny. There were a lot of childish jokes, my favourite being "after you answer this question, Simon, you'll be a man". When it became apparent that Vanessa was going to lose, she chucked the biggest tantrum i've seen a grown-up give.

I'd gone to this recording on my own and when the warm-up comedian (Stuart Goldsmith) asked the audience if anyone had been to a recording before, I answered yes. After the usual questions of "what's your name?" and "what do you do?" he asked if i'd come along with anyone... when he realised I hadn't he got the audience to give me a round of applause. I've never felt my cheeks become so hot, so fast.

At Wednesday's recording i'd come along with friends and sat towards the back but that didn't stop Stuart from finding me. I got a round of applause because I was from Australia...

I didn't know the celebrity guests tonight (a presenter from Radio 4 and a Rugby player). The physical challenge great with both contestants having to shout sentences from their autobiographies; the person that reached the loudest decibels won. I was hoping Tim Key was going to have a go using the lines from some of his peoms ("NO EVA" or "YOU HAVEN'T EVEN GOT A FARM MATE"), but he didn't. Alex Horne was on fine form tonight!

Tracy Ann Oberman and Jake Arnott were the guests on Thursday's show. Tracy Ann was a brilliant contestant and I loved the physical challenge!

Mark asked me if i'd been to every single recording after the show (I almost have) which was a little bit awkward and embarrassing. Next week i'll have to try harder to be inconspicuous.

A thought.

A conversation between two awkward people is bound to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment