Saturday 10 October 2009

AEOSK (IV)

Last night I went back to South London for the latest installment of An Event Of Some Kind hosted by H Anthony Hildebrand. The line-up featured the likes of Filthy Boy. The London Dirthole Company, Pat Burtscher and Edward Aczal.

I'm a huge fan of H Anthony, his poems/beats/songs/musings always astound me. I want his mind.

Filthy Boy were brilliant beyond their years but the other band of the evening, The London Dirthole Company, were just noise to me (I think having 3 drummers is a little bit exsessive...).

Pat Burtscher was on the bill last time I came to this gig and I really enjoyed his set, but tonight he did seem to be lacking (he put it down to having eaten a corned beef sandwich instead of a pear).

I'd seen Edward Aczel perform at the Lyric Hammersmith earlier in the year and had quite enjoyed his comedy. He gave a smooth set that went down well with the crowd.

A thought.

Jonny Sweet's performance in When Dave Met Boris is outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment