Wednesday 7 October 2009

Totally Acoustic.

Last night I went to The Lamb near Russell Square to see MJ Hibbett's Totally Acoustic. I went mainly to see Gavin Osborn, but I really enjoyed Mark Hibbet's set and Winston Echo showed great potential too.

I missed seeing Gavin's show in Edinburgh and this was by far the longest set i'd seen him play. He was accompanied by Amy Butterworth on violin which made his beautiful whimpsy songs pull on my heart strings more than usual. It was lovely to hear him play 2 songs from Stories For The Starlit Sky again; i've been wanting to hear the song about 77 year old Albert again and i'm so glad I got the chance.

He was so well received that he came back to sing 2 more songs for encore (a Billy brag cover and a one of my favourite songs of his, Over 30). It was a really pleasant evening... the kind of evening where you just can't stop smiling.

A thought.

I'd really like to get away from everything so I can clear this foggy head of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment