Saturday 19 September 2009

Mostly About Arthur.

On Wednesday I went to a really beautiful pub in Kensal Rise called Paradise to see Jonny Sweet perform the show that won him "Best Newcomer" in Edinburgh this year. It was wonderful and not at all like your average comedy show.

'Mostly About Arthur' is a memorium about Jonny's late brother who was a blurbist.

Sweet's character is quite a simple man and I just loved the his dialogue throughout the performance. The laughs were mainly at sayings, mannerisms and facial expression (sometimes reminding me a little of Key or Basden) - which I am a big fan of in comedy. I really enjoyed the interaction with the audience too.

I'd recommend taking a look if ever the opportunity arrises.

A thought.

I stalk too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment