Sunday 6 September 2009

Live At The Chapel.

Last night I went to The Invisible Dot presents Live at the Chapel. The Union Chapel is such a lovely venue even if sitting on pews does leave you with a very sore bottom.

It had an ace line-up including Phil Kay, Pippa Evans as Loretta Maine, Lee Mack, Mark Watson and Alan Cochrane as MC.

I've seen Phil Kay give much better performances in the past. I really don't think sticking a beer bottle up your bottom or copying people's laughs is all that funny. I did enjoy his story about overtaking a police car though.

Pippa Evans as Loretta Maine was brilliant. Awesome voice and fabulous attitude; I just adore Loretta Maine.

Lee Mack was the secret television guest that they couldn't reveal and I have to say I was somewhat disapointed... I think I set my expectations way too high. His set was good and the crowd really seemed to enjoy it but i'd heard most of the material before at Old Rope and the Lyric Hammersmith gig.

Mark Watson was by far my favourite act of the evening. He did a lot of observational comedy about becoming a Father and it was wonderful and charming and funny all at the same time.

Alan Cochran wasn't your typical up-beat MC but still managed to warm the crowd accordingly. His material reminded me an awful lot of Jon Richardson.

A thought.

The internet steals time.

No comments:

Post a Comment