Sunday 27 February 2011

Ben Folds. Hammersmith Apollo.

He was only supported by Kate Miller-Heidke, wasn't he?! Such a wonderful night; a big thank you to my friend Amy for offering me her spare ticket.

I've enjoyed Kate's music for years, but never thought i'd have the opportunity to see her perform. She was every bit as good as i'd hoped and then some. Words and Are You F*cking Kidding Me were my favourite songs that she sang; I was really hoping to hear her cover of Toxic, though. She came back on during Ben's set to help him sing You Don't Know Me and From Above.

The only thing that disappointed me about the gig was that Folds didn't fool around a bit more - towards the beginning he invited photographers up on stage to snap him throwing his stool on the piano and jumping off the top of it. He also did a funny walk across the stage and back again, but that was it.

I loved the cover of Ke$ha's Sleazy - genius!! He played quite a lot of older songs towards the end but I think I enjoyed the Lonely Avenue songs the most, especially Picture Window.

A thought.

I don't understand why some people wander around or drink to high heavens during a concert. Seems like madness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment