Sunday 20 February 2011

Mark Watson: Do I Know You? Reading Hexagon.

Having missed Mark Watson's Do I Know You? at the Hammersmith Apollo before Christmas due to a booking error, Aislinn and I decided to make a trip to Reading.

I had an absolutely stonking night! Mark had padded out his hour-long Edinburgh show with old and new material. He told funny story after funny story until my sides ached. I love the little twists at the end of his gags, where you think you can predict what he's going to say and then he twists it ("pull back and reveal"?).

I think the funniest moment was when Mark asked the audience if they were from somewhere far away after a late comer had revealed they'd driven from Wales (an American and a Peruvian piped up) and then said "I forgot about the animal kingdom. A shout out if you're a hippo!". I also liked his joke about Fabio Capello - asking if he'd be England's football manager if his name was Fabian Hat.

We had so much fun that we're considering a trip to Aldershot when Watson tours there in June.

A thought.

Mark Watson's wave is the best wave in the whole entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment