Saturday 12 February 2011

Feature Spot Gig. The Tabernacle.

What a lovely gig/venue! Doors opened nice and early and the audience took the oppourtunity to eat, drink and chat which created a great atmosphere before the show had even started. Feature Spot are doing some marvelous things of late; check out their website. The line-up consisted of Nick Mohammed as Mr. Swallow, Jonny Sweet, Adam Buxton and compere, Carl Donnelly.

Nick Mohammed and Jonny Sweet did shorter versions of their 2010 Edinburgh Fringe shows and where absolutely OUTSTANDING. I have no idea how they come up with such wonderful dialogue - do they write in character...? My friends and I have so much fun quoting them; bit sad, really. "You know your mate's a legend when you have the police knocking on your door shouting "WHERE'S PIEMAN? WE CAN'T FIND THE INFLATABLE DINGY!". I don't know, but for heavens sake, don't look under the quarter-sized snooker table" is a fave.

Adam Buxton had quite a bit of technical trouble throughout his set which prompted the best heckle when he asked the audience for help: "have you tried turning it off and on again?". A man called Basil saved the day.

Donnelly had no jokes as such, but had me chuckling a way with his audience banter. I love his turn of phrase/delivery/image. The man is mighty cool.

A thought.

If I surround myself with talented people, will their talent rub of on me? Please say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment