Saturday 5 February 2011

Nick Helm: Keep Hold Of The Gold. Soho Theatre.

I've only seen the genius of Nick Helm live twice, still, he's one of my current favourites. If you haven't seen him, please rectify this immediately. I saw his set on Russell Howard's Good News and laughed until I hurt - I hardly ever laugh at stand-up comedy on television.

The show combines one-liners, songs and peoms. I just love the way Helm can manipulate his audience - he has each one of us by the balls/tits. I want to gush and gush and gush some more, instead i'll link you to an eloquent review on London is Funny (cheating, I know).

Keep Hold Of The Gold really should've been nominated for Best Newcomer at the Fringe.

A thought.

I instantly like anybody that calls me sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment