Sunday 9 May 2010

Museum Of Curiosity Recording. The Popsocks.

I enjoy going to the Museum of Curiosity recordings; not only are they really interesting, but they're also really long (at least 2 hours as opposed to the half an hour broadcast). The guests on this episode were Suggs from Madness, Lee Francis and a writer/poet/researcher who's name escapes me. The curator, Jon Richardson, had been stranded by the ash cloud, so Dave Gorman stepped up to take his place.

Lee Francis is the biggest show-off, but boy is he funny. He sat next to Suggs and together they shared many a laugh. I thought Dave Gorman was awesome; very quick wise cracks and quips. The next recording I am going to has rumoured Neil Gaiman and Sarah Millican as guests. EXCITING.

My friend and I had a quick bite to eat before heading to Water Rats in Kings Cross to catch The Popsocks who were doing a short set. I just think they're fan-fucking-tastic. It's hard not to smile at their music; very happy, high-energy (well, the band are high energy) pop tunes. If you've never heard of them before you can listen here. I'm looking forward to their Dublin Castle gig at the end of the month.

A thought.

This made me smile... not really sure why:

Waiting for a lift at Mornington Cresent tube station; sign reads "the first lift is on the right". Tramp looks down at his wrists, turns to me, points to the right and says "it's this one". I nod. he then goes on to say "I always get my left and right muddled up, so I scarred my right wrist".

No comments:

Post a Comment