Sunday 30 May 2010

Knock2Bag. Tabernacle.

Awesome venue. Brilliant line-up: Colin Hoult, Alex Horne, Tim Key, Arthur Smith and MC, Fergus Craig. So why was it was it so empty? No idea. FRICKIN' CRAZY.

Gosh, I just love Alex Horne; wish he'd do more in London... I think what I like most about him is that he just does and says whatever he is thinking. He fell off stage at one point and repeated "i'm steeping down, i'm stepping down, i'm stepping down" whilst doing so. Hilarious. A member of the audience walked out during Alex's set in an overly-confident manner, so Alex introduced himself and asked him where he was from... the usual banter. This gentleman was from Europe so Alex shook both hands. HA!

Colin Hoult performed as Len Parker and seemed to have a lot of fun with it; I think he was really pleased with the answers to his Transformers question. He came down and interacted with the audience quite a bit.

Tim Key did the same set as the previous night, but this time I could see a lot better. There was a lot of banter between Key and the sound guy (always fun) and I really liked his closing line: "I seem to be spending a lot of time in charity shops" (which in context, is very funny).

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I can't get enough of Fergus' Lil Wayne impression. Completely awesome.

I was really flagging towards the end of the night and didn't stay to see Arthur Smith headlining. He was on the bill for Live At The Chapel at the end of the week, so it wasn't like I was missing out... still, a little bit impolite.

A thought.

Hilarity on the underground: an old lady with a trolley walked past a busker playing a flute. She got the busker's money hat caught under her trolley and dragged it along. She was completley oblivious to what had happened. Busker had to stop playing flute and retrive his hat. Old woman remained oblivious. Class.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I don't think i've ever seen a proper old person on the tube.

    ReplyDelete