Saturday 12 March 2011

Platforms Live. The Luminaire.

Incredible line-up. Wonderful venue. £6. BARGAIN. Headliners, The Mariner's Children were joined by Peggy Sue and Lulu and the Lampshades. RiP Luminaire, you shall be missed.

It was my first time seeing Peggy Sue and Lulu and the Lampshades and I thought they were amazing. Peggy Sue played some brilliant music, but they weren't as fun to watch. Luisa Gerstein and Eloise Tunstall Behrens of Lulu and the Lampshades are incredibly talented musicians; as well as having amazing voices, they seemed to by able to play an array of different instruments.

The Mariner's Children played a pretty long set with an encore. When the lead singer, Ben Rubenstein, asked the stage manager if he could keep playing, a heckler shouted a very polite "WINNING!". It was almost as good as when somebody shouted out "Stephen!" and Ben responded with "just coming!" and seemed mighty chuffed to play along. The Mariner's Children's music is beautiful and enchanting and I must see them live again soon - so, so good.

A thought.

If I ever get married (big if), I want my bridesmaids to wear different dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment