Saturday 5 December 2009

Stefan Golaszweski Plays.

On Wednesday night I went to Bush Theatre to see two plays back-to-back 'Stefan Golaszewski Speaks About a Girl He Once Loved' and 'Stefan Golaszewski Is A Widower'.

I love the way Golaszewski describes people/events/situations. Somebody on Twitter said that it is "like a series of punches to the soul" and I couldn't have put it better myself; so captivating.

I really enjoyed '... Speaks About A Girl he Once Loved'. As I left the theatre during intermission, I felt all warm and uplifted with a touch of sadness. It's about a young lad who meets Betty (a girl that it "too good" for him) in a pub and have a very brief love encounter.

I saw '... Is A Widower' during the Summer and didn't enjoy it all that much and I still have the same opinion after seeing it a second time. There are some really lovely moments, but I don't feel the play works as a whole (still didn't like that the play is set so far ahead in the future and Stefan isn't very convincing old man). There have been a few changes since I saw it last, and i'm not sure it was for the better.

It was a very last minute decision to go and see 'Stefan Golaszewski Plays' and i'm glad I did.

A thought.

Wednesday is a very funny word.

No comments:

Post a Comment