Thursday 26 November 2009

Fat Tuesday.

I had tickets to see Pappy's at Leicester Square Theatre, but the line-up at Fat Tuesday was just too good to resist (James Sherwood, Ava Vidal, Mark Watson and, as always, compared by Tiernan Douieb).

The crowd are always very enthusiastic and supportive. There were a few rowdy wine drinkers in the front row that annoyed me a bit; for me hecklers/loud people can really put a damper on a gig.

James Sherwood performed a similiar set to the one i'd seen at Live and Ungagged in Carlisle. I really like his comedy; it's very unique compared to other musical comedians. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't see his show in Edinburgh. Deadpan humour FTW.

Ava Vidal is good, but... her material is just not to my taste (and she scares me a little bit).

Mark Watson gave a brilliant set and had the whole audience in stitches. I really enjoyed his material about waterbeds (hope he keeps that bit in!). Two of the "rowdy wine drinkers" whispered to each other while Mark was in full flow and he stopped and asked them what they said. The two "rowdy wine drinkers" then declined to say and Mark responded with the most excellent comeback; likening the whispering to a foul right in front of the umpire (there was more but because I don't know much about football, it's hard for me to explain). It was soooooo funny.

A thought.

I wish I didn't care what people thought of me. Caring what people think of me gives me paranoia. A lot.

1 comment: