Wednesday 11 November 2009

Fat Tuesday.

I haven't been to Fat Tuesday for ages, like, before Edinburgh ages. I was still feeling pretty rough since coming down with a God awful cold, but Chris Addison was headlining. I'd forgotten who else was on the bill, so it was a pleasant surprise to see Pippa Evans as Loretta Maine and Dan Skinner as Angelos Epithemiou.

Pippa stormed it, as per usual. I really wish she'd release an album with Loretta Maine's songs, they're just sooooo good.

Angelos is a brilliant character! He sung 3 songs inbetween the stand-up. I do love a bit of silly comedy. Best joke: "what's the difference between a kangaroo and a kangaroot? A kangaroo is an Australian marsupial and a kangaroot is something a Geordie says when they're stuck in a lift".

Lots of new material from Chris Addison, some of which was really controversial. I did agree with what he was saying (he even called the Pope a cunt), but it's not what I am used to seeing from him. I'm looking forward to seeing the show in February (what's kept in/what's been left out/what's been developed etc).

A thought.

I'm quite (very) addicted to Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment