Thursday 27 August 2009

Edinburgh Fringe. Day 8.


My last day in Edinburgh was a little bit of a let down. I tried, unseccessfully, to get tickets for Party and The Hotel, so spent the day sight-seeing instead.

In the early evening I met up with a friend at the Pleasance Courtyard and saw Tom Basden again. We had better seats this time but I did feel that he was rushing through. He has such a lovely voice, he's another musical comedian that i'd like to hear sing serious songs.

After a long cab ride accross town I arrived at the HMV Picture House to see Amanda Palmer. Upon approaching the queue I spotted her giving an impromptu performance to a small crowd of fans a little way up the street. I think she was singing Science Fiction from Rocky Horrow Picture Show.

We stood our way through a mediocure band and an interesting and very alternative dance troup before Amanda took to the stage accompanied by a brass band. She sang a few solo songs and one Dresden Doll's song before reading out a short story from her and Neil Gaiman's new book (Mr. Gaiman came out after her reading and treated us with a story too!).

As much as I wanted to stay, it was impossile if I wanted to make my coach. It was a rather rushed goodbye to a city I adored. No doubt i'll be back same place and same time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment