Tuesday 25 August 2009

Edinburgh Fringe. Day 3.


I was up early and down at the Pleasance Courtyard to see John Hegley's 'The Adventure Of Monsieur Robinet'. It was quirky, insightlful and a little bit abstract; I loved it. The story he read in French about a potato (interpreted by an audience member) was brilliant.

I rested most of the afternoon and mucked around with my friends in the flat before heading back to the Pleasance Courtyard for Jon Richardson. A lovely tight show full of laughs. I do like listening to Jon and "his ways".

In between Jon Richardson and Geraldine Quinn my friends and I got stuck in a lift. After a bit of panicking and speaking to an un-helpful engineer we manged to open the doors and jump the short distance down to the ground floor. We ran all the way to the Underbelly and made it to the show just in time. I enjoyed the songs (Geraldine has a great voice), but felt the stand-up was lacking.

Next stop was Pleasance Dome to queue for prime position at The 24 Hour Show. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment