Thursday 11 March 2010

Tardiness. Week One.

I haven't blogged in over 3 weeks. As it will be impossible to catch up, here are some lists and summaries:

Party - Recording of Episode 1 and 3.
This was a seriously laid back affair (complete with booze for the actors). The first time they recorded episode 1 it was too long and consequensly, they had to re-record. I wasn't complaining, I could listen to it over and over and over again.

Nick Mohammed had quite a few lines in this episode. He had roughly 5 takes to get them right, which was rather funny. There were some hilarious moments between Anna Crilly and Jonny Sweet during the pick-ups.

Chris Addison.
I was only just getting into the show and then it was time for an interval; I really didn't feel the need for one, to be honest. A very funny show (especially his material about primary school) which was slightly spoiled my a very drunk heckler.

An Event Of Some Kind (VI).
This gig was a little bit quiter than usual, but still great fun. I didn't really enjoy James Robot (the lead singer was pretty bad), but Better Fires were AMAZING. Stunning comedy sets by James W Smith and Henry Packer.

The last time I saw Henry Packer I was a little bit disappointed; he seems to rely heavily on audience participation and his set kind of bombed. This was not the case at AEOSK. I particularly liked his poem at the end.

Karaoke Circus.
Once again, a smashing Karaoke Circus! Stand-out performances for me were Andrew Collins with 'That's Not My Name', Thom Tuck with 'Two Princes', Robin Ince with 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' and Tony Gardner with 'Teenage Dirtbag'. My friend, Will, gave an awesome rendition of 'To The End' by Blur, but was beaten by Nina with 'Dream A Little Dream'.

It was really great to have Daniel Maier back on the judging panel. Dan Tetsell was great, but nothing will beats Dan Maier's one-liners.

A thought.

At the next Karaoke Circus, I hope someone does Lady Gaga. I think that would be ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment