Monday 6 July 2009

rewodiW sI A ikswezsaloG nafetS.

Tonight I went to the 'Stefan Golaszewski is a Widower' preview at The Invisible Dot HQ. Some of the dialogue in the play was really fabulous but the way it was executed seemed void of emotion.

I didn't like the fact that it was set so far in the future, it didn't add anything to the play except bring up new words/phrases which was just confusing. I also didn't like that they used the actual actors name for the character. Was that meant to be his life? If so, how depressing.

On a happier note, I just finished Bastard Whimsy by H Anthony Hildebrand (1/2 of the Junior Ministers). It's a collection of blogs, poems, monologues and lyrics that he's written intermittently between 2001 and 2008. The satire in his musings is nothing short of genius. This man clearly has a brilliant mind.

Eggs By H Anthony Hildebrand

You can't make and omlette
Without breaking eggs
And you can't break an egg
Without breaking a chicken's heart

And if you break a chicken's heart
A rooster will break your fucking legs

Why would you want to?
Why would you want to?
Why would you want to?
Why would you want to?

See? Pure awesome. "Useful Guide" is another of my favourites.

A thought.

Sometimes people need to keep their thoughts and opinions to themselves. Like the delightful old lady that sat next to me on the bus tonight and told me i'd only get fatter if eat too many sweets (I was eating sweets). I now feel like shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment