Thursday 16 July 2009

K-nackered.

It's been another busy week, the following one should be a little quieter.

On Monday I went to my first Old Rope which was mainly to see the headline act, Jamie Kilstein. It was the second time I had seen him, the first being at Leicester Comedy Festival earlier this year. The crowd were totally digging him and he gave a superb 40 minute set. The other acts of the night included Robin Ince, Milton Jones, Holly Walsh, Alistair Barrie and Dave Gorman.

On Tuesday I made my way to The Invisible Dot to see Tim Key and Tom Basden preview their Edinburgh shows. I would go as far as saying that they were the two best previews i've seen so far, I loved every single second. I have a feeling that there is going to be a bit of a buzz around these two performers during the Fringe (I hope so anyway).

Last night I popped around the corner to Riverside Studios for Ali McGregor's Late Night Variety Act featuring Martin White, Tim Key and Adam Hills. Ali sang some awesome covers of Creep, Can't Get You Out Of My Head and You Shook Me All Night Long and Martin White indulged us with Mystery Fax Machine Girl and Squeeze me. The variety/caberet acts among the comedy were also very good (The Boy With Tape On His Face and Miss Behave being favourites).

A (fangirl) thought.

I've seen all the Cowards in the flesh. This thought always results in a big, goofy grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment