Wednesday 2 June 2010

Duke Special. Shaw Theatre.

The last time I watched Duke perform while sitting down, I was in the foyer of the National Theatre. I like sitting down while watching music mainly because i'm extremely lazy, but especially tonight as I was still recovering from a god awful cold. Patti Plinko and her Boy were the support band; beyond amazing.

The first half of the show featured the songs from Duke's 'The Silent World of Hector Mann' album and the second from 'Mother Courage and Her Children'. For encore he sang a few songs from his EP, 'Huckleberry Finn' as well as a cover of Elton John's 'I'm Still Standing'.

Duke spent most of the gig standing in front of a microphone stand and only sang a few songs while playing piano. My attention was focused on Ben Castle (such good value!) throughout the night and I missed a lot of the power point.

A thought.

What do moths eat? We've had one in our bathroom for almost a week now and I think it might die. Unless of course, it eats towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment