Monday 29 June 2009

Tennising It Up.


I am so unbelievably tired that I don't know wether i'm coming or going... and it's only Tuesday.

I went to Wimbledon on Saturday and got to see some wonderful matches from "Murray's Mount". Ivonovic vs Stoser, V. Williams vs Suarez Navarro, Roddick vs Melzer and Murray Troicki. Roddick's match lasted so long that I only got to see Murray win the first set before heading off to Camille O'Sullivan: The Cat's Meow.

I love the Udderbelly on the Southbank, it just has such a lovely atmosphere. A hot day which meant it was rather warm inside the purple cow, but it was a very awesome show indeed. Camille is brilliant; her quirkiness and eccentricity is such a joy to watch. Ida Barr, Simple Kid, Break Dancers and a Beat Boxer provided some great variety.

On Sunday afternoon I headed to N16 (an interesting part of London) to see The Factory's performance of The Seagull. I am so glad I had a friend to hold my hand as I was quite intimidated upon entering. It was just virtually a room with props and a few chairs and cushions. I had no idea where the stage was, and as it turned out is was anywhere and everywhere. The whole play was improvised around the plot and set in modern times. I felt so many emotions and the many dimensions will have me thinking for weeks.

After the play a friend and I headed into Soho and had nibbles and drinks in a Lebanese restaurant and talked for hours. Bliss. We saw Jerry Springer walking down the road; he has a very punchable back of the neck (as Robin Ince would say).

Monday was A Night Of 400 Billion Stars at the Bloomsbury Theatre and featured a great line-up. All my favourites where on top form (Josie Long, Chris Addison, Martin White, Gavin Osborn and Simon Singh), I also thought AL Kennedy and Marcus Chown were super. Robin Ince was on fire last night; I think he should work with lack of sleep and cider more often.

New Humanist Review

Evening Standard Review

A thought.

I can't please everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment