Saturday 13 June 2009

An Event Of Some Kind (II)



Last night I headed south to Stockwell to catch An Event Of Some Kind hosted by and staring the Junior Ministers. The other acts included Battersea Dogs, Pat Burscher, 6 Day Riot and Tim Minchin.

I don't think i've had that much fun for a fiver. All of the acts were outstanding, I couldn't pick a favourite.

I have spent the morning listening to Junior Ministers and 6 Day Riot on repeat. They are added to the list of performers I (somewhat) obsess over.

Mr Minchin's set was completely shambolic, which is the best kind of set in my opinion. He commendeared the violinist, double bassist and drummer from 6 Day Riot for Perineum Millenium and also sang Nothing Can Stop Us Now and a cover of the Notting Hillbillies song Feel Like Going Home.

I didn't sleep much last night. I think it's going to take a while to come down from this high.

A thought.

I'd rather not visit South London again. 'Tis scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment