Sunday 25 December 2011

Recap. September. 2011.

Peggy Sue. The Lexington.

This gig was the album launch for their 2nd album, Acrobats. The supporting acts were Monument Valley and Laura Gibson. To date, this was my favourite music gig i've ever been to.

Treetop Flyers. Hoxton Square Bar.

Bit boring to be honest. Treetop Flyers are well and good, but I just wasn't feeling it. Their support band, The Sundowners, were absolutely awful (sorry).

ACMC. New Red Lion Theatre.

Tom Basden headlined. Tom Bell set music to Colin Firth's Oscar acceptance speech and danced; HE IS SO BRILLIANT. Nadia Kamil was a favourite.

Michael Legge: Curse Sir Walter Raleigh. Leicester Square Theatre.

He's well funny.

An Event Of Some Kind. The Black Heart.

AEOSK has changed venues and is now on a Sunday evening - a welcome change. I really wanted to like Carly Smallman, but I remain unsure. Matthew Highton gave a wonderful set and as ever, James W Smith rocked.

Story Jam. Leicester Square Theatre.

Gavin Osborn, Isy Suttie and Emmy the Great. Suffice to say it was pretty damn brilliant. Gavin Osborn has the most wonderful voice.

A thought.

I had 2 bug cups of hot tea in my nice toasty house before rugging up and going to wait for the bus in the cold. My insides felt like they were made of warm caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment