Sunday 25 December 2011

Recap. November. 2011.

The Special Relationship. Concrete.

Without Tom Basden, Sam Taradash and Jarred McGinnis took up hosting duties. Such a wonderful night; i'm quite upset that I haven't been able to make it along to more of these monthly gigs.

Allo Darlin'. Scala.

Darren Hayman supported - he is so cool. Allo' Darlin sound rather different live. Lovely night.

Lady Garden & Friends. Leicester Square Theatre.

I'm not that keen on the direction LG are taking at them moment. Hannah Dodd still outshines the other members in my opinion. Jonny Sweet, Nick Mohammed and Pappy's were all rather wonderful.

Los Campesinos. King's College Student's Union.

Love Los Campesinos... can't say the same for their support band. Heavy Metal isn't really my thing. I'm glad I got a prime position on the balcony as i'm not really a fan of mosh pits either.

Detective Sergeant Nick Mohammed Recording. BBC Broadcasting House.

Nick was joined by Anna Crilly and Colin Hoult. Nick's character, Sophie, is my second favourite character by Nick Mohammed (the first being Mr. Swallow). "I have to go, I slept with the window open last night and have a cold arm".

Matilda: The Musical. Cambridge Theatre.

Still one of the best musicals I have ever seen; just as good one year on. I think I liked it a little more when it was performed at the Courtyard Theatre in Stratford upon Avon.

Discover Ben Target. The Invisible Dot.

Supported by Liam Williams; excellent. The funniest moment was when Ben asked his assistant that he'd picked out of the audience to hit him with the stick of humiliation and was then pounded by a sausage (not a euphemism).

William Andrews: TV. The Invisible Dot.

The Invisible Dot HQ was transformed into a television studios at part of a work in progress. Nick Mohammed as Mr. Swallow stole the show - just thinking about him wrapping up a knife in a tea towel and solving a rubik's cube on stage makes me giggle.

6 Day Riot. The Lexington.

Pippa Evans at Loretta Maine and Chris Peck supported. Fun times.

The Pin. The Invisible Dot.

A Work in Progress gig at The Invisible Dot HQ. Their closing sketch was by far the best - "may I please have the spring rolls" " is Pepsi okay?",

Mark Watson's Live Address To The Nation Recording. BBC Broadcasting House.

So much more fun when you're in the audience. See if you can spot me and my friends, yo.

Stand Up For Depression. Union Chapel.

An audience full of posh people; they were rather quiet... Daniel Kitson seemed to have lots of fun taking the piss out of them. Jonny Sweet made me get the giggle when he corpsed during his set: "ha, I just made myself laugh. Someone has to".

The Horne Section. Criterion Theatre.

The Wheel Of Wonder was on our side when it landed on Buckaroo and Boy Band - my faves. The band were joined by The Magnets, Pete Firman and Tom Basden.

A thought.

I went to York with my friend, Anna. I love families and babies and York and The Inkwell (above - I bought A Charlie Brown Christmas) and my friend Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment