Sunday 18 March 2012

I Have An Awful Lot To Say.

It's been quite a while since I last blogged and so much has happened in such a short period of time. I went to a fair few gigs, fell in love with someone who loved me back but I couldn't have, quit my job and I moved back to Perth to live. Blimey. Okay, enough of the personal stuff...

Rich Fulcher: Tiny Acts of Rebellion. Soho Theatre.
With the help of the brilliant Arnab Chanda, Rich Fulcher teaches us how to "stick it to the man" through small tasks that we can use in day-to-day life. Silly grown-ups are my favourite kind of grown-ups.

Max & Ivan are Holmes and Watson. Soho Theatre.
I enjoyed the show just as much as the first time I saw it. I took a colleague along and she giggled the whole way through.

Reggie Watts. Roundhouse.
This was he most bizarre show i've seen from Reggie Watts. He's got all the moves and his voice is incredible. He filled every inch of that iconic venue with his awesomeness.

Sex With A Stranger. Trafalgar Studios.
This is the latest play by the excellent Stefan Golaszewski. I love how real and relatable his work is. Russell Tovey gave an absolutely blinding performance. (I saw the play twice).

Mark Watson: Work in Progress. Soho Theatre.
I got a little worried when I saw the first work in progress in Edinburgh, but there was really no need for concern. I laughed loads and it was great to be in the company of my bestest friends (if you're reading this Anna, Kate, Kerri or Rachel, I MISS YOU!!).

Tim Minchin. Kings Place.
I don't think the opportunity to see a full Minchin show in an intimate theatre will arise again any time soon; I was more than happy with my 3rd row seat. The drums vs. piano bit between Tim and Brad during Darkside was IMMENSE.

A thought.

I feel i'm a bit too old to fall in love for the first time at the age of 26. Oh god.

1 comment: