Sunday 15 January 2012

School Night. New Red Lion Theatre.

I'm not very good at becoming a regular at monthly comedy nights, but I do hope to make School Night an exception. Mr. Matt Parker took us for Maths, Mr. Steve Pretty took us for Music, Miss. Helen Arney took us for PSHE (I swear we don't have this in Australian Catholic schools!), Mr. Steve Mould took us for Science, Mr. Humphrey Ker took us for History and our head teacher was Mr. Matthew Crosby.

Highlights included Mr. Crosby's true stories from when he was an actual teacher, Mr. Mould dressing up as a Lego man and Mr. Ker talking about British history from the Battle of Hastings in 1066 right up until the year 2000.

I can't stress how brilliant Humphrey Ker was, clearly battling a nasty cold and not really seeming to know what he was going to say, he managed to make an hour of chat on his favourite subject incredibly funny. Also, his turn of phrase is just the best: "I don't know if you can tell, but I went to quite a posh school. SAY WHAAAAT?!".

A thought.

Having a tuck shop at a comedy gig is a sure-fire way to make it the best comedy gig that ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment