Wednesday 29 July 2009

Two In One.

Last night I caught the first half of Ali McGregor's Late-Nite Variety Nite before ducking off to Sarah Millican's Edinburgh Preview.

Ali and Martin White were wonderful as always and were joined by Jamie Kilstein and Kulki the Hula Girl. The first half also featured an Iranian comic who I didn't like very much, she told a story about being held hostage by the teliban but it didn't lead anywhere.

I enjoyed Jamie Kilstein's set; kudos for the way he dealt with a low-life heckler who was sitting front and centre. Mr Kilstein had seen a friend and I arrive and due to the fact that we'd seen him quite a bit recently, he'd written some new jokes. How lovely is that!

Sarah Millican's new show is shaping up to be just as good as her last. I love her naughty but nice humour and the way in which she involves the audience. I'm looking forward to seeing the final cut in Edinburgh.

A thought.

When I say i'm staying out of it, I really should do exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment